Life has been so busy lately, I always want it to slow down and yet I just keep adding more and more to my life. I keep saying I want my normal life back and then I do something to make my life busy again. In August we decided to party!! We planned a High Council/Stake Presidency party. It was tons of fun but I think I was too stressed to actually to enjoy it. I also planned a pack meeting at my house and a primary teacher appreciation party.
September I declared it NO party month!!! I needed to get my life back. Well,for the most part that has been what I have been doing but we did have a small party in St. George. We have some friends who have a condo there so they were down in St. George over Labor Day and so we had them over for a BBQ and wave running. Wave running is super fun so it wasn't very stressful just fun.
School started!!! YEEPEEEEEEE, actally I miss the fun we had in the summer and I miss the ability to take off when we want to but I can clean without cleaning around anyone. Emili is in high school and that freaks me out! She seems to be loving it, so, thats good.
Tyler is in eighth grade. A new Jr. high. Some new adjustments, they only use computers, so no books and very little paper. I don't mind the computers because Tyler is a genius at computers but in away thats bad because he's on facebook all day. We have also had issues with the bus since we are not far enough aways for bus service. We had a great carpool going until the Principal gave out bus passes to some of this kids.(lotery System) So, everyone on our street got a pass but Tyler and Alyssa. So, I had to beg the principal for a pass but I easily got one. WOOT WOOT!!! Tyler is getting very tall and all the girls are starting to really notice him and thats weird. I have girls showing up at our front door, with plastic bags over their heads dancing!! Wow, weird!! but also fun, he loves it.
Abbi, is in fifth grade.
Adam is in fourth grade. They love their classes so all is good. Lots of homework to keep up with. Especially Adam, he is the worse about getting his homework in and actually doing it. I literally need him to bring me his homework, I sign it so I actually see it and then I must watch him to put it in his back pack. Why is it so hard!! Ohwell, he will graduate in ten years and then he's on his own. At least he's smart and he gets everything he learns and is well advanced in his class so, thats good.
So, instead of organizing parties, I started canning. Stewed tomatoes, salsa and spaghetti sauce. I think I will be doing more next week. I should do peaches but we will see. I actually love canning but the mess yukkkk!! I do love looking at the end results and in the winter I love using it so I cannot complain to much.
With such a fun and almost perfect vacation home in St. George that it might come to a suprise that we will be selling it and now we are building thee perfect vacation home in Sunny St. George or actually Hurricane Utah.
We spent July, August and first of September having meetings with a architech, builders and designers to create the most perfect vaction home. I think we did a great job. Such a great job that this house just couldn't be just a home but it must be a Parade home!! Oh man, how did we get into this. This is the very first house Timo and I have built a home from the bottom up and it has been fun for the most part. The house has too be completely finished by Feb 17th so we have been making tons of decisions. We need to have all decisions made by November 1st and then we just sit back and wait for it to be done. Its funny because you just say Parade home in St. George and everyone is more than willing to give you discounts and they just get excited about the whole project. It does save tons of money because everyone wants the free advertisement. We actually had a hard time coming to grips with the idea of building a new house because we love our casita so much. We figured out what we don't like and that is at 5:00 pm until the sun goes down, the sun just beats down on our patio so its hard to have a BBQ outside, also the second story gets very hot in the summer but other than that we couldn't find anything wrong with it. Is that a good enough reason to build a new one, not really. We thought that if we want to do it now will be the best time since people are still hungry for work, also we can make it absolutley what we want. So we found a great lot about one block away from our house now. It face different so we won't have the sun. It also has the most amazing views that won't be built around it so it will always be beautiful. Well, I am very excited about it.
Lately Timo has been spending a lot of time in St. George making sure the framing is done well and the main things that needs to be done right so we don't need to change anything.
Well, I am sure I will find more stuff to keep us super busy but its all good....



No comments:
Post a Comment