Sunday, November 8, 2009

My New Calling

Well, I don't know if asking for a calling or actually campaigning for a calling is a good thing or not but I did it and it worked. I was called today to be in the NURSERY. I know not the most popular calling but honestly I am very excited. I have been in the Relief Society for about nine years now. I have had many callings in the Relief Society and enjoyed them all but its also great to have a change. I was in Relief Society during the years I felt that I really needed it and that was when my children were very little. I needed the woman around me because when you are home all day with your children, sometimes you need a break and talk to adults. when your children are young sometimes its hard to have a spiritual moment and I got that there. Also for many of those years Timo was traveling a lot and I needed that support and it was great! My life is now different. Timo has people to travel for him so he doesn't leave that much. He also works two miles away from our house so I have so much support at home that I don't feel the need to lean on the sisters as much. (I guess it never completely goes away) Also, and probably the biggest reason is that I no longer have little children around me.. I guess you can call it the grandma syndrome. I think it sounds fun to be around children, for a couple of hours, then I can hand them back to mom and dad. It always bugged me when I was in the Presidency to see these young mothers, with young children being called to the nursery. They would tell me how they needed to be around adults and I could completely relate to them. I was able to be there so now I want to be somewhere were I am needed but it also will help others. I have the energy now. I have all my kids in school and they are fun and I love them growing up but I now have the patience to be around other peoples children. I can hold them when they cry and I can chase them around. I have a feeling its going to be a great work out. I am so excited for this calling. Remember its not what you, its who you know. Ha ha That's my joke for the day.

1 comment:

  1. When Nanette and I were first married we were called into nursery. Kind of overwhelming. Now I would take it in a heart beat. It's easy to take care of kids than adults. :-)

    ReplyDelete