Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Its Thanksgiving day and I thought I should list a few things that I am grateful for.. First of all I am grateful for a wonderful husband who truly loves our family and works so hard to make our family wonderful. This last week he decided in our family prayers that we were not to ask for anything but we were to thank our Heavenly Father for all the blessings we have. It made family prayers very special. Timo is a very hard working man who has been blessed with many talents. He runs a business that he started from nothing and grew it to be a very successfull company. He started his company as a way to pay for college. He taught himself all about computers and then started helping different companies with their computers. One of his clients was on a board of directors of a timeshare resort in Hawaii and they were looking for a software that could run the resort. She asked Timo if he could make one up and of course he said he could. After searching and educating himself on the what it would take to build a software for a resort he realized that there was a big market for it and not much competition. He was able to enlist his older brothers, brother in law, his dad and a friend to start this company. I am grateful that my husband knows how to successfully keep a family and friends working on a project and they still all love each other after all these years (16 years). Not easily done but he has been able to keep business stuff and family very separate. Its been a lot of hard work and a lot has changed from the days when he was the only programmer, salesman, trainer you name it he did it. Including filling up the candy and pop machines. I think that is why he is so successful, he can do any job in his company. He can be the president and anything else going all the way to the janitor. Luckily he doesn't need to to do it all anymore but he could if he had too. Its amazing to know someone who is so incredibly talented at everything he does. Timo is a great father. He is so reasonable especially when I am so emotional and want to just re-act to situations. He is usually right on everything. I remember a time when Emili had just started six grade and we moved into a new school. She had left a lot of her friends a heritage and was kind of having a hard time. She was invited to a party at a girls house and she didn't know her to well but she was happy to go. The next day after she got the invite, she got another invitation to a party for the same day as the first invitation,of a really good friend from Heritage that she hadn't seen for a while and really missed. It was one of those big decision moments and I thought she could go to the first one for a while and then she could leave and go to the other one for a while. Well, Timo said no she will go to the one who asked first and that is it. Well she went to the one party and had lots of fun. A couple of days later I was talking to the girls mom that she went to the party and I told her Emili had a lot of fun and she said " that is so good because my husband and I are separated and probably getting a divorce and my daughter is having such a hard time and it was a answer to my prayers that she could have a fun party and that everyone could come." Wow!! what a powerful lesson that was. I am glad he is so smart. He not only taught my daughter how to have integrity but he was also in tuned with the Spirit to know what to do.

I am also very grateful for my wonderful children. They are all so smart. They are very kind and have a loving spirit about them. They are very friendly and truly care about others. They are the best children anyone could every be blessed with. (I am not just saying that because I am their mom) They are truly great kids.

I am very blessed and lastly I am so grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I would have nothing if wasn't for my loving Heavenly Father. He has blessed me way beyond what I deserve and because of Jesus Christ I will always and forever have what is most important to me.....An eternal companion, and eternal family and Heavenly Fathers love.

No comments:

Post a Comment