Friday, July 1, 2011

Disney Cruise 2

Our 4th stop was Rome Italy. This was a ten hour adventure. I wish we had a couple of days but in that ten hours I learned a lot. We first went to the Colosseum. We had a very good guide and she knew a lot about everything. She explained how the first gladiators started out as helpers of important leaders and when these leaders died there assistance needed to die also so they could help them in the after life. After awhile it became a sport. Gladiators went to school for years to learn to become gladiators and then they would only fight maybe five or six times in there life time because it would take so long to heal after a fight that it made it so they couldn't fight much. A lot of the times the emperors didn't like them so they would give the signal and the gladiator was killed. It was a interesting way to live. After the Colosseum we went to the Trevi Fountain. We through our coins into it so we can wish ourselves back. A very pretty fountain. After that we walked to a hotel and had lunch. It was some pasta dish and it was good!! It was funny because they had Wine on the tables and we were the only ones not drinking. Oh well, sparkling water is good. After lunch we went to the Vatican. I had no idea that it was a country. The smallest country in the world. It even has its own military. We went to the museum, and the Sistine Chapel. Absolutely beautiful!!!! We also we to St. Peter's Basilica. That was amazing also. I wish we had more time there because I felt very rushed there. I loved Rome and someday I would love to go there again.

The next day we went to Pisa!!! and of course we went to the leaning tower of Pisa. Not only did we go and see it but we went to the top!!! That was an event.....No one said I would need to train for a marathon before I attempt walking up 294 marble steps, going around and round as you lean to the side. It didn't take long but by the time we got up there I thought I would either hurl or faint. I didn't do either one but wanted to. It was just a few years ago when they put the guard rails up and I don't know how anyone could ever climbed it without falling off. One of the fun facts about the tower is that its a bell tower and when they were first building it, when they got to a about the fourth floor they realized it was leaning and stopped. About a hundred years later they started building again and tried to fix it. So, if you look at it in a certain angle it looks like a banana. There is also a cathedral and a baptistery on the grounds. The cathedral is also sinking so its funny. Its a beautiful place. I really liked it there.

The sixth stop was Corsica France. Another beautiful place. We didn't take an excursion there but we did decide to get off the boat and go to the beach. The beach was close to the port so we walked over there. We got there and had lots of fun. The water was cold but the kids didn't mind. The boys found jelly fish on the beach. We were there for about two hours and then it happened...We saw our first topless lady. It was gross, this lady was old, and her skin was like leather and really you couldn't tell she was a woman except one thing and that was her huge boobs hanging off the side of her chest. Its burned into my mind and believe me I want it out!!! Down the beach aways was another topless, this one younger and perkier. Having a thirteen year old boy it was time to leave. We walked around and found out that Corsica is were Napoleon was born. We found a real french bakery and we bought some very yummy cookies and bread. It was a beautiful place.

The next day we stopped at Vilafrance. Wow!!! the most beautiful place in the world. We didn't do an excursion but we did go to shore. We looked around and found a store that sold the prettiest jewelry ever. It was so much fun. We thought we would go to the beach again but we didn't get one foot into the beach area before we had to turn around. A lot of topless girlies there. We stopped at a outside cafe and we wanted to try a real french crepe. I couldn't read french so I ordered one with apples. Not my first choice but it was good Tyler had one with bananas and the other kids got one with Nutella. Timo got a savory crepe and it was so incredibly good. The crepe itself had cheese in it. Inside had a fried egg, meats and cheese. It was amazing.

The next day was just a relaxing day on the ship. I loved being on the Cruise ship. Disney had so much fun things to do and their plays were super fun. I really enjoyed every minute of it and then it was over. We got off the boat and we went straight to the airport and then a nine hour flight with no tv working. Such a long flight, then we got to JFK and thats when security almost got Adam. It was amazing how some security guards like to feel his power by going after a eight year old boy. I understand why they are there but Adam. Oh well, another four hours on a plane and then we were home!!! Not a bad way to spend 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment