Well, today is a sad and yet very happy day for me. It was the first day of school. This summer has blown by so fast that it seems like the kids just got out of school. I have many different feelings about school starting. First of all I am kind of glad to see the kids go. They like school and really don't have any emotional problems about leaving. They also do very well in school so it makes my life a little easier. They also like to be with their friends and they do like the structure. So, there isn't any sad things about it except they are growing up way to fast. Emili, started 8th grade this year. Just the sound of it make
s me cringe. Probably because in my mind its not only eighth grade but one more year she's in ninth and then its high school and then she's in college and that is what I am not ready for. But I guess I will take it one year at a time. Emili has some fun
classes. She does very well in math so she will be in geometry this year and she is a student tutor in a pre algebra class which is funny since she skipp
ed pre algebra. Then she has all the basics, history, science, English and choir. Anyways, Tyler is in the sixth grade and he has Mrs. Miner. I think she will be a great teacher for him. He is my wild and crazy kid but luckily he has matured over the years and he knows when to be silly and when to be serious plus he is a hard worker.
He is extremely smart especially in math and science. I like to hear Tyler stories when he gets home because he makes up some good stories about what happened during the day. I hope he takes some creative writing classes when he goes to Jr. High. Abbi is now in third grade and has a new teacher at our school. Her name is Mrs. Kowa. and she seems really nice and sweet and that is what Abbi needs. She does very well also because she is very friendly and happy and very smart so she is very easy. Adam got Mrs. Mckinnon this year. She is who Abbi had last year. She's not very warm and fuzzy but I liked her as a teacher and she loved Abbi and so I think he will have a great experience this year. I always worry about Adam because he is a very young second grader. His birthday is August 26 and I have worried about him even before he was born but I know we made the right decision about sending him but I still worry and every year it is proven that we were correct but still I always worry. I guess that's what moms do best. I think we are going to have a great year. With school starting so does my very busy life. It is also the start of piano lessons (6:00a.m.), ballet and jazz, So much fun no wonder life goes by so fast its just so busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment