Well, I have been extremely slow lately so I am now getting around to posting about our fun New Years. We had a great Christmas. Christmas night we went down to St. George for a fun week.

Usually for New Years we make a fun dinner. Usually it steak and crab but this year it was LOBSTER!!! A few years ago someone gave us a lobster gram and so we thought we would us it.

We order six lobsters so we all could have one. The kids were super excited and waited all day on New Years for the UPS man. He finally came. The kids nearly trampled him when he came to the door but he was okay. We opened the box and there they were......... six live lobsters.



The kids had a lot of fun playing with their new pets/meal. They were a little scared of them. Abbi wouldn't even come close to one. Tyler was looking deep into one of their eyes and it jumped at him. It was so funny. He screamed and we all had a great laugh. We finally finished playing with our dinner and cooked it. The kids all love sea food so this was a great adventure for us all. Everyone loved it. I personally like crab better but this was very fun.

Us with our lobster bibs on.

I didn't know lobsters were so colorful.
After eating we played games until 12:00 a.m. We thought it would be fun if we all jumped into the pool at the strike of midnight. So we did. Even though the temperature outside was cold the pool was at a very warm 90 degrees. We had a lot of fun that night.

The steam coming off the pool.
Looks like everyone had a good time. I would have a hard time deciding what I would like best between crab and lobseter because they are both good.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time! You all do some very creative things that your kids will remember for a long time to come I'm sure! Rob would be so jealous that you got to eat Lobster...one of his favorites. However, I'm not a big seafood eater, so I never cook it at home.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed meeting with you and Timo yesterday, and we are so excited to get started on your home. We've already been working up some ideas! See you soon.